The Bandroom – A History (1926-2016) – Chapter 5 Aberystwyth British Legion Band 1950s
The town band was entitled ‘The Aberystwyth British Legion Band’ after WWII until 1956, their members proudly wearing their pseudo-military style blue uniform and cap. A junior size uniform was also provided for young players.
The photos show a young band member, Ivor Pemberthy, wearing one of the junior uniforms c.1954 and Jack Marsden G Trombone, George Lewis, side drummer and William Lewis Eb Bass in their British Legion uniform outside the bandroom c. 1955. Photo courtesy of John Davies.
by Peter Henley